Welcome Suzanne Middle School students and families. My name is Diana Aceves, and I am the 6th Grade Counselor. I am excited to get started on a great school year! I am here to help your child navigate through the wonderful and sometimes challenging middle school years.
My Role as Your Child’s School Counselor Is:
- To be an advocate for your child and work collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, administrators, and with our community
- Educational Specialist who assists students with their academic, career development, and personal/social areas.
The Goals of our Counseling program are:
- To assist students with educational, personal, career, and goal planning.
- To develop personalized programs based on each student's strengths and needs.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To facilitate the identification of students with special needs.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Some Reasons to Contact Your Child’s School Counselor Are:
- Academic skills support
- Career/Future planning
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision making concerns
- Organization, study and test-taking skills
- Peer relationships, and conflict resolution problems
- Divorce, separation and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death and grief
- Substance abuse awareness
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals
If you would like to meet with me to get help or to talk, please email me at [email protected] or bring a note to the counseling office with your first and last name and I will call you in as soon as possible.
If you have any concerns regarding your child's academic and personal/social progress or have questions regarding Suzanne, please contact me between 7:00 and 3:00 pm at (909) 594-1730 at ext 55212 or through my email [email protected]
Mrs. Diana Aceves
6th Grade Counselor
Suzanne Middle School